Kayvon McCoy, of New Haven, was arrested on Tuesday, March 14 after a Milford police officer recognized a vehicle in the parking lot of the Connecticut Post Mall from the pursuit, Milford Police said.
McCoy had an active arrest warrant stemming from the incident. Police initiated a traffic stop and determined that McCoy was the driver of the vehicle.
He was taken into custody on an arrest warrant. The vehicle was unregistered and uninsured, police said.
During an inventory of the car, numerous items of contraband were located inside including:
- Bottle of prescription drugs filled with different types of pills, several testing positive for MDMA/Ecstasy
- A pink pill bottle with no labeling containing various pills, several testing positive for MDMA/Ecstasy
- A black plastic bag containing numerous amounts of counterfeit bills
- Loaded revolver
- Spent shell casing
During the investigation, it was determined that McCoy was the subject of a criminal protective order, prohibiting him from possessing a firearm, police said.
McCoy was charged with:
- Criminal possession of a revolver
- Possession of a controlled substance
- Illegal possession of a weapon in a vehicle
- Violation of a protective order
- Illegal possession of prescription drugs
- Evading responsibility
- Failure to renew registration
- Mandatory security requirements
- Improper use of registration
- Failure to drive in the proper lane
He was held on a $25,500 bond.
Click here to follow Daily Voice Hartford and receive free news updates.