FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. - The week will start off rainy in Fairfield County, as the severe weather that has beaten up the Midwest with tornadoes, flooding and hail in recent days made its way into the Northeast Sunday evening, according to the National Weather Service.
Monday will see an 80 percent chance of rain in the morning, and 20 percent chance in the evening. The morning commute may also be foggy. Daytime high temperatures will be in the high 70s.
Temperatures will cool off a bit this week, with Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday expected to be mostly sunny with daytime temperatures in the mid-70s.
The next chance for rain is Friday and Saturday, which are expected to see scattered showers, with temperatures in the 70s.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.