The little boy, Michael Purvis III, became trapped inside the ductwork in the basement of his home after removing a grate that blocked the ductwork to the furnace, the New Haven Independent reported.
His mother could hear him screaming, but she couldn't reach him. That's when the fire department came to the rescue and Shuttleworth, after a lot of work, was able to rescue the boy from the two-foot hole he was stuck in, said the New Haven Independent.
Shuttleworth told the New Haven Independent that he had to stop and think that, yes, this was his first rescue, it happened, said the New Haven Independent.
Click here to follow Daily Voice Greenwich and receive free news updates.