FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Here are five of the biggest upcoming events in Fairfield County.
1. Documentary Night and Director Q and A: "Elaine Stritch: Shoot Me " at Stamford's Avon Theatre Film Centre, Wednesday, May 7, from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m.
At 87, Broadway legend Elaine Stritch remains indisputably in the spotlight. In the revealing and poignant documentary, the uncompromising Tony and Emmy Award-winner is showcased both on and off stage via rare archival footage. There will be a post-film Q&A with director Chiemi Karasawa. Members $6, students and seniors $8, non-members $11. 272 Bedford St.
2. Robin Roberts at Sacred Heart University in Fairfield , Sunday, May 4, from 3 to 4:30 p.m.
ABC’s "Good Morning America" co-host Robin Roberts will discuss her inspirational new memoir "Everybody's Got Something," in which she will recount the incredible journey that's been her life so far, and the lessons she's learned along the way. Tickets are $30 per person and include one book. 5151 Park Ave.
3. Teddy Bear Tea at the Stamford Historical Society , Sunday, May 4, from 2 to 3:30 p.m.
Children ages 4 to 8 years of age are invited to take a stuffed animal friend and guardian to share an afternoon of arts and crafts, storytelling, learning about antique toys and a traditional tea party. Tickets are $4 per child, $1 per bear and $15 per adult at the door. 1508 High Ridge Road.
4. Jack Hanna and Animal Friends at Norwalk's Maritime Aquarium , Wednesday, May 7, at 2 p.m.
Jack Hanna, one of America's most famous naturalists, will recount his adventures along with live animal friends, in two appearances at The Maritime Aquarium at Norwalk. Tickets are $50 and $45 for Maritime Aquarium members, but ell-outs are expected, so advance reservations are strongly recommended. 10 N. Water St.
5. Sunday Science at the Seaside Center: All About Birds , Sunday, May 4, 1:30 to 4 p.m.
See live birds of prey from New Canaan Nature Center and learn all about how Greenwich Point is an important area for birds from Audubon Greenwich. Free. Greenwich Point Park.
I'm sure we missed some great events. Let us know where you're going and why.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.