A new report has cited three locations in Fairfield County for having some of the worst traffic bottlenecks in the country.
The trucking industry loses $74.5 billion each year as a result of congestion on the nation’s highways, according to an estimate from the American Transportation Research Institute, which ranked the Top 100 Truck Bottlenecks for 2019 on its website.
The following locations throughout Fairfield County were ranked:
- 43. Stamford's stretch of I-95
- 47. Norwalk's stretch of I-95
- 74. Bridgeport's I-95, Route 8 interchange
These locations in Connecticut also made the list:
- 14. Hartford's I-84, I-91 interchange
- 56. New Haven's I-95, I-91 interchange
- 64. Waterbury's I-84, Route 8 mixmaster
The number one spot on the list goes to I-95 at State Route 4 in Fort Lee, New Jersey.
Click here to view the full study from the ATRI.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.