A dozen priests who once worked at Fairfield University and/or Fairfield College Preparatory School are on a new list of 50 Jesuits accused of sex abuse.
Priests across Connecticut, New York and several other states are on the report, released Tuesday by the USA Northeast Province Jesuits. Priests on the list have been accused as early as 1950.
"Many accusations were made decades after the abuse allegedly took place, and often after the accused Jesuit had died," the USANPJ said. "Jesuits with allegations currently under investigation are not included on this list."
- Robert Cornigans, Fairfield Prep (1979-1980): Left SJ, abuse of minor 1976, reported in 2003
- William Cullen, Fairfield University (1979-1988), Fairfield Prep (1989-1990): died in 2010, abuse of minor 1995-1996; reported in 2016
- Joseph Dooley, Fairfield Prep (1951-1954): died in 1983, abuse of minor in 1965, reported in 2000
- Francis Ennis, Fairfield Prep (1965-1966): died in 1985, abuse of minor 1965-1967, reported in 2004
- Joseph Laughlin, Fairfield Prep (1951-1952): restricted 1990, dead in 2013, abuse of minors in 1975, reported in 1990,1996
- George McCabe, Fairfield University (1957-1960), Ridgefield retreats (1960-1965): died in 1998, multiple abuse reports 1960s-1970s, reported 2000s
- Phillip Moriarty, Fairfield Prep (1951-1953): died in1974, abuse of minor 1963-1969, reported in 2005
- Eugene O'Brien, Fairfield Prep (1983-1985): impeded 2002, abuse if minors 1960s, admitted 1993
- Leo Pollard, Fairfield Prep (1945-1950): died 1999, abuse of minors 1950s/1966-67, reported in 2014 and 2003
- Edmund Power, Fairfield Prep (1962-1965 and 1968-1976): died in1976, abuse of minors 1969-71 and 1972-76, reported 2011 and 2003
- James Pratt, Fairfield Prep (1981-1982): impeded in 2003, abuse of minors in 1980s, reported 2003
- James T. Sheehan, Fairfield Prep (1953-1956): impeded 2002, died 2008, abuse of minors 1979-1980, admitted 2002
Click here for the complete report
Click here to follow Daily Voice Fairfield and receive free news updates.