FAIRFIELD, Conn. – Learn about "The Health Properties of Tea" as an expert from Fairfield-based Bigelow Tea takes the microphone in the latest in the "Evenings of Wellness" talks.
The talks are hosted by the Fairfield Chamber of Commerce and the Norma Pfriem Breast Center.
The talk on Nov. 2 will be led by Betty Johnson, a speaker for Bigelow Tea. She will discuss the following important topics on tea: The History of Tea, How Tea is Processed, and The Health Benefits of Tea.
Johnson has been associated with Bigelow Tea for the past 24 years. She served as the manager of the Customer Service Department for her first 13 years. During that time, Johnson also went out into the community to talk about the history of tea, how it is processed and some of the exciting research taking place with tea and health … as well as, how to make the perfect cup of tea. Now, she exclusively does presentations throughout the state.
The upcoming scheduled dates and topics for remaining nine-part series are:
- Jan. 4: Cassandra Mulcahy, Music Therapist: “Stress Reduction Through Music”
- Feb. 1: Dr. Ram Gordon: “Heart Health” (National Heart Month)
- March 1: Dr. Michael Lee: “The Truth About Concussions”
- April 5: Dr. David Mulligan: “Organ Donation” (National Donate Life Month)
- May 3: Marni Amsellam, Clinical Psychologist: (Topic TBD)
- June 7: Dr. Jeremy Kaufman: “Men’s Health” (National Men’s Health Month)
The Fairfield Chamber of Commerce cordially invites its membership, and the public, to hear the most current and up-to-date information on these important topics.
The talk Wednesday will be at the Norma Pfriem Breast Center, 111 Beach Road, 2nd floor, Fairfield, from 6 to 7 p.m. The event is free and open to the public.
To RSVP to reserve a seat, call the Fairfield Chamber of Commerce at 203-255-1011.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.