DARIEN, Conn. – The Darien Republican team running for the Board of Selectmen has launched its campaign for November’s municipal election, Darien First 2015.
The team includes incumbent Jayme Stevenson for First Selectman, incumbent Susan Marks for Selectman and newcomer Kip Koons for Selectman. The candidates will hold their official campaign kick-off and a meet-and-greet on Sunday, Sept. 27 from 4 to 5 p.m. at Grove Street Plaza.
“Darien First 2015 signifies that our commitment and effort is devoted to Darien and its residents – before all other constituencies and special interests,” Stevenson said. “We will continue to lead Darien forward with our commitment to the preservation of local control over fiscal and quality of life issues, through strategic and thoughtful investments and sound policy making.”
The priorities for Darien First 2015 include:
- Continued strong representation on behalf of Darien in Hartford and on the newly-formed regional Council of Governments
- Working with the Department of Transportation on comprehensive redevelopment of the Noroton Heights train station
- Converting town street lights to high-efficiency LEDs for improved lighting quality and long-term cost savings
- Pursuing housing initiatives that encourage empty-nesters and seniors to remain in town while also attracting young professionals and families
- Supporting thoughtful commercial redevelopment
- Leading a public/private effort to rehabilitate and clean up Gorham’s Pond
- Exploring future park development ideas
- Supporting ongoing pedestrian and bicycle safety initiatives
- Investing in strategic land acquisitions and actively pursuing opportunities to buy open space
For further details, view the campaign website or contact Campaign Manager Sara Franzese at firstname.lastname@example.org or (203) 803-7003.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.