A 30-year-old man is facing numerous drug charges after police say he was caught with cocaine, mushrooms, LSD and marijuana during a Route 7 traffic stop.
Wilton Police say they conducted a traffic stop after observing a motorist texting while driving in the area of Danbury Road (Route 7) and Sharp Hill Road around 11:15 a.m. on Thursday, Sept. 5.
During officers’ interview with the driver, identified as Jesse Pomponio, 30, of Watertown, Massachusetts, police say they detected the odor of marijuana coming from the vehicle.
Further investigation and a search of the vehicle resulted in the discovery and seizure of the following, police say:
- Approximately 5.5 pounds of marijuana
- 50 grams of cocaine
- 17 grams of hallucinogenic mushrooms
- A quantity of LSD
- Cash totaling $13,770
Pomponio was arrested and charged with:
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Sale of a narcotic substance
- Sale of a hallucinogen (two counts)
- Possession of a controlled substance or greater than one ounce of marijuana (two counts)
Pomponio is being held on a $100,000 bond and is scheduled to be arraigned at Norwalk Superior Court on Friday, Sept. 6.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.