DARIEN, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Darien last week:
- A Norwalk man Robert Russell, 41, was charged with drunken driving after his truck hit a tree in Darien, police said.
- Ten families of children killed in the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting nearly two years ago have filed “wrongful claim” notices with the state of Connecticut, The Hartford Courant reported.
- Darien Media Consulting firm BCM Media, founded by New Canaan's Brenda McKenna, was certified by the Women's Business Enterprise National Council.
- Darien police said a home on Coachlamp Lane was broken into but nothing was taken.
- The Darien Board of Selectmen will host a meeting to discuss potential changes to parking rules at the train station parking lot, according to the Darien Times.
- Gymnasts from the Darien YMCA House Team successfully launched their 2014-15 season with winning results at the Trumbull YMCA Harvest Invitational meet.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.