DARIEN, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Darien this week:
- A 22-year-old Darien woman was accused of kicking a police officer in the groin while she was being arrested on drunken-driving charges.
- Metro-North conductor Michael Shaw taped a typed letter of apology to each seat on his train on New Haven line regarding an incident.
- Dirk Lloyd, 36, of Bridgeport identified as a suspect in a Darien home burglary last fall in which more than $20,000 worth of jewelry and coins were stolen was arrested in Florida.
- The Connecticut Ice Cats 12-and-under girls hockey team, sponsored by the Darien Youth Hockey Association, won the Tier II Connecticut Hockey Conference state tournament with a dominating performance in Simsbury.
- Darien residents report calls from a potential scam artist targeting families across the area.
- A 44-year-old Fairfield woman was arrested on charges of stealing money from tip jars at a Westport restaurant in front of two children.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.