DANBURY, Conn. — Western Connecticut State University will honor Women’s History Month with the following events scheduled for March.
All events are free and will be held on the university’s Midtown campus, 181 White St. in Danbury.
- “What Women Carried and Wore: An Historical Fashion Show and Luncheon” will be from 12:15 to 1:15 p.m. on Tuesday, March 3 in Warner Hall Room 102.
- “Semiotic Theory of Iconic Realism in Women’s Artistic Expression” will be from 12:15 to 1:15 p.m. on Wednesday, March 4 in Haas Library Room 508.
- “The International GLOW Leadership Program for Women” will be from 11 a.m. to noon on Wednesday, March 11, in the Student Center Room 202.
- “Eking Out a Living: Women and Work in the Middle East” will be from 2 to 3 p.m. on Monday, March 23.
- “Preventing Dangerous Dating Practices” will be from 11 a.m. to noon on Wednesday, March 25, in the Student Center Theater Room 201.
- “Negotiation Skills for Women” will be from 12:15 to 1:15 p.m. Wednesday, March 25 in White Hall Room 127.
- "Seventh Annual Mentor of the Year Award: Skip Jennings" will be from 7 to 8:30 p.m. on Wednesday, March 25, in the Student Center Theater.
- “Strong Women and Their Stories” will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Monday, March 30 in the Student Center Theater.
All listings are subject to change. Please call 203-837-8486 to confirm.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.