DANBURY, Conn. – The Rotary Club of Danbury recently awarded seven area students scholarships to start or continue their studies at Western Connecticut State University.
- Iliana Canela, a recent graduate of Henry Abbott Technical High School in Danbury, received a $2,500 scholarship.
- Steffani Carrion, a Danbury resident and WCSU sophomore, received a $2,000 scholarship.
- Larisa Chetcuti, who was in the top 10 of her graduating class at Henry Abbott Tech and also class president, received a $5,000 scholarship.
- Nancy Lim, a recent graduate of Danbury’s Henry Abbott Tech, received a $2,500 scholarship.
- Qin Lin, a Shelton resident studying business at WCSU, received a $2,000 scholarship.
- Joseph Magnoli, a Norwalk resident and WCSU sophomore, received a $2,500 scholarship.
- Donna Men, a Danbury resident entering her third year at WCSU, received a $2,500 scholarship.
Men, who will be studying in China in the fall, made the closing remarks at the June 3 scholarship luncheon.
“Take the opportunities that come your way. I was afraid as a freshman, but the people at Western pushed me to seize opportunities,” Men said at the event, according to a press release from WCSU.
“Always be gracious and kind and remember those who helped you along the way. You never know the impact your kindness will have in someone’s life as it did in mine.”
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.