A Connecticut man is facing felony charges after police said he was found in possession of drugs, including fentanyl, mushrooms, and methamphetamine.
Troopers responded in New London County to a report of a suspicious person and vehicle in the parking lot of Ulta on River Road in Lisbon at about 4:10 p.m. on Saturday, June 25, according to Connecticut State Police.
Authorities made contact with 42-year-old Michael Bienvenu, of Norwich, and saw narcotics within the passenger compartment of the vehicle, police said.
State Police reported that a search of the vehicle revealed the following:
- About seven grams of methamphetamine
- Seven grams of psychedelic mushrooms
- Four-point-two grams of purple fentanyl
- Two vials of steroids
- 50 Hydrochloride (10 mg) pills
- 22 packages of suboxone
- Packaging material
- $260 in cash
Police said Bienvenu was arrested and held on a $100,000 cash or surety bond for charges of:
- Operating a drug factory
- Six counts of possession of narcotics with intent to sell
- Six counts of possession of narcotics
- Improper storage of narcotics
He was scheduled to appear in court on Monday, June 27, police said.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.