DANBURY, Conn. — A 15-year-old Danbury boy was arrested Wednesday and charged with felony murder in connection with the homicide of an 18-year-old Danbury man earlier this month, police said.
Ronald Massagli, 15, was charged in connection with the death of Gabriel Bara-Bardo, 18, police said.
Bara-Bardo was found alone and unconscious in the roadway next to his vehicle on Abbott Street at 5:46 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 5, by officers who responded to a report of suspicious activities, police said.
He died later of his injuries without regaining consciousness, police said.
The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner ruled that Bara-Bardo died of complications following blunt impact to the head and neck and the manner of death was homicide.
Through their investigation, Danbury police detectives determined that Massagli, of Danbury, was involved in the homicide and applied for a warrant for his arrest, police said.
Danbury Superior Court issued a warrant for Massagli's arrest Wednesday, Aug. 16, police said. Detectives located Massagli at about 5:32 p.m. hours in the area of Wilson Street in Danbury and placed him under arrest without incident, police said.
Massagli was charged with felony murder, second-degree robbery, second-degree criminal mischief, fifth-degree larceny, and four counts of conspiracy to commit the above charges.
Per the arrest warrant, Massagli was transported to Bridgeport Juvenile Detention Center.
The investigation is still ongoing, and additional arrests are expected.
Anyone with information on the case is asked to call the anonymous Tips Line at 203-790-8477.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.