DANBURY, Conn. -- Thursday, Jan. 1, is a federal holiday. Here's a look at what will be open and what will be closed in Danbury on New Year's Day.
- All schools and all school offices will be closed.
- Danbury City Hall and all other city offices will be closed.
- All post offices will be closed and mail will not be delivered.
- The Danbury Public Library will be closed.
- Most banks will be closed.
- All state and federal government offices as well as courts will be closed.
Check with individual restaurants and retail outlets for any special holiday hours on Thursday.
Metro-North will run on a special holiday schedule found here.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.