DANBURY, Conn. -- Do you know someone who spends hours volunteering? Or a business person who is always donating for important causes? If so, you will want to nominate them for the United Way's Hometown Hero Award for 2016.
The United Way of Western Connecticut is accepting nominations to honor local individuals and groups at its 3rd Annual Hometown Heroes Benefit Dinner in February, said Kim Morgan, CEO of United Way of Western Connecticut.
Nominations may be submitted from the following towns: Bethel, Bridgewater, Brookfield, Danbury, Kent, New Fairfield, New Milford, Newtown, Redding, Ridgefield, Roxbury, Sherman, Warren and Washington.
“In the fast-paced world in which we live and work, those who serve their local communities are rarely honored for their selfless acts,” said Morgan. “We invite you to help us recognize these outstanding individuals who devote themselves to helping those in need.”
A Hometown Hero distinguishes themselves through their philanthropy and volunteerism. The following criteria are taken into consideration in selecting an honoree:
• Achievement: The nominee’s actual accomplishment produced significant results.
• Action: The involvement of the nominee is active and hands-on.
• Caring: As demonstrated by the nominee’s interaction with others.
• Commitment: The nominee has a sincere belief in their community.
• Impact: The nominee’s activity or program produced positive changes, provided examples for other groups.
• Initiative: The nominee recognizes a need in their local community and initiates new programs or activities to meet that need.
• Leadership: The nominee demonstrates singular leadership to contribute to their community.
• Time: The nominee dedicates considerable time and energy to making a difference in their community.
Proceeds from the event will benefit Asset Limited, Income Constrained, Employed households throughout northern Fairfield and southern Litchfield Counties. ALICE households earn above the basic federal poverty level but below a basic cost-of-living threshold., with most living paycheck-to-paycheck.
To nominate an individual or business, visit www.uwwesternct.org/hometown-heroes-nomination-form to complete the online nomination form by Oct. 26. For more information, contact Irene Seguin at i firstname.lastname@example.org or 203-883-6711.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.