NORWALK, Conn. — Norwalk Hospital denied rumors Tuesday that a patient there was being treated for Ebola or was suspected of having Ebola.
“We have no confirmed or suspicious Ebola cases at Norwalk Hospital. Our ED is open and fully operational,” said a tweet from Norwalk Hospital's Twitter @NorwalkHospital.
"We have no confirmed or suspicious Ebola cases at Norwalk Hospital, or at any of our hospitals. As with any potentially transmissible illness, we follow evidence based clinical protocols and CDC guidelines to ensure the health and safety of our patients and staff," Dr. Matthew Miller, Chief Medical Officer of the Western Connecticut Health Network, said in a statement.
"We have well-trained staff, as well as the facilities and equipment to isolate and manage potentially infectious patients. We are fully prepared to manage Ebola should we encounter this very serious illness in our community."
A man died in a Texas hospital last week with the first case of Ebola in the United States. He was diagnosed after arriving here from West Africa, where there is an extensive outbreak of the deadly virus.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.