DANBURY, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Danbury last week:
- Students were allowed to return to their classrooms at Danbury High School after firefighters deemed the building safe after an evacuation due to a fire alarm and smell of as.
- Jack Barney, an 8-year-old student in Harwinton Consolidated School’s third grade class, donated $14.88 that he raised through a summer lemonade stand to the Praxair Cancer Center at Danbury Hospital.
- Danny Peguero, a 20-year-old Danbury native, is attending Western Connecticut State University on a President-to-President scholarship.
- A 36-year-old man was busted Thursday and arrested on multiple charges of selling cocaine from his Park Avenue home and throughout the city, Danbury police said.
- The U.S. Census Bureau released a report that shows 14.4 percent of the children in Danbury are living in poverty.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.