DANBURY, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Danbury last week:
- A Norwalk man Thomas Proulx, 66, of 34 Saint Mary's Lane, died of injuries sustained in an accident, after he was found unconscious behind the wheel of his car, which had gone into an embankment in a Danbury corporate park area.
- A 35-year-old Bridgeport, Conn., woman Marie D. Rene suffered head trauma and a fractured hip in a two-vehicle accident that result in the closure of I-84.
- The Danbury High School's boys cross country team won its 13th league championship in 15 years in a narrow victory over Staples at Waveny Park in New Canaan.
- "Real Housewives" star Teresa Giudice will serve 15 months in a federal prison camp in Danbury for bankruptcy fraud.
- Customers traveling on the Danbury Branch of Metro-North will be able to use their credit cards to purchase tickets onboard trains as part of a limited pilot program to test new Ticket Issuing Machines(TIMs).
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.