DANBURY, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Danbury last week:
- State Police identified the woman who was hit and killed on Interstate 84 as 58-year-old Danbury resident Gayle Difalco, according to ctnews.com.
- Danbury police are investigating an armed home invasion during which a man was shot and an elderly woman was assaulted, according to police officials.
- A 70-year-old Danbury grandmother Maryann Taylor said she was "scared to death" when two masked crooks broke into her home, assaulted her, tied her up and shot her grandson in the leg, according to newstimes.com.
- The State Bond Commission approved $470,000 in funding for Abbott Tech in Danbury as well as an additional $30,000 for a new plasma cutter.
- The 68-year-old driver, Estelle Schneider, who struck a woman and her child in a crosswalk on Main Street was ticketed by Danbury police.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.