DANBURY, Conn. -- The Danbury Music Centre presents its 14th annual student concerto competition on Saturday, at 2 p.m, in the Marian Anderson Recital Hall at the Danbury Music Centre.
All finalists are students in area schools. The winner will perform a concerto with the Danbury Symphony Orchestra on Jan. 24. The public is invited to attend both of these performances, which have free admission.
The competition of finalists will feature the following student musicians:
- Sofia Chiarandini, violin, from Newtown; student of Julie Kurtzman
- Elizabeth Louise Gagnon, violin, from Bridgewater; student of Pang An
- Eric Hirsch, flute, from Weston; student of Wendy Stern
- Jessica Huang, piano, from Brookfield; student of Margarita Nuller
- Emily Kerr, violin, from Ridgefield; student of Shan Jiang
- Zoe Lonsinger, violin, from Newtown; student of Joey Corpus
- Alexandra Maskoff, piano, from Westport; student of Tatiana Pikayzen
- Matthew Rossi, clarinet, from New Fairfield; student of Theresa Dolak
- Alina Shuyun Xiao, piano, from Kent; student of Margarita Nuller
To learn more about this competition and the Danbury Music Centre, call 203-748-1716 or visit danburymusiccentre.org.
The Danbury Music Centre is at 256 Main St.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.