A supermarket in Fairfield County that had been closed for months to complete renovations has reopened for business.
Cingari Family ShopRite, located in Norwalk at 360 Connecticut Ave., opened its doors to the public on Sunday, March 12 after completing renovations that expand the store and allow it to offer more services, the store's owners announced.
The renovations added features to the store such as:
- The Grill, which will offer fresh made-to-order breakfast sandwiches and other lunch/dinner meals like hamburgers, hot dogs, Philly cheesesteaks, hot pastrami, chicken parm, sausage, and peppers;
- An expanded grab-and-go section with new take-and-bake seafood such as salmon, scallops, and crab cakes;
- An expanded floral shop;
- A specialty cheese shop that will have an experienced on-site cheesemonger, over 400 varieties of custom-cut cheeses, and charcuterie trays;
- Lighted shelves throughout the store;
- Higher-efficiency refrigerator and freezer banks.
An official grand-reopening ceremony was held on Monday, March 13, with an appearance from Norwalk Mayor Harry Rilling as well as a ribbon-cutting ceremony.
The store's owner and Cingari Family ShopRite President Tom Cingari, Sr. said that he was excited to expand what the grocery store had to offer to customers.
"We want to grow with our customers and change as their tastes change, which is ultimately the reason for this major renovation," Cingari said, adding, "We’re sure our customers will enjoy all the new amenities along with the traditional, family-run, friendly service we’re already known for."
In addition to offering in-store service, the supermarket is also now serving those who are in too much of a hurry to stop in, as it is now available for same-day delivery orders for those living in Norwalk, Westport, Darien, and New Canaan.
For everyone else who has the time to pop in, Cingari says the store is excited to accommodate customers once again.
"I think our design team has hit it out of the park with their additions to the Norwalk store,” Cingari said, adding, "Stop in and come witness that difference for yourself.”
Click here to follow Daily Voice Danbury and receive free news updates.