Firefighters quickly put out a fire at a Fairfield County bank after a blaze started in the HVCA system of the building that also houses a pet supplies store.
The fire began at 4 p.m., Tuesday, March 9, at the building that houses the Chase Bank and Pet Supplies Plus in Shelton, said the Shelton Fire Department.
When firefighters arrived on the scene they found a smoke condition in the building and crews proceeded to the roof and found a small fire in an air handling unit, the department said.
Crews extinguished the fire quickly and checked for fire extension. Members utilized mechanical ventilation to clear the smoke from the building and monitored for carbon monoxide.
No injuries occurred and the building was habitable and turned over to the property owner just after 5 p.m.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.