UPDATED: FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. — Hundreds of power outages were being reported as heavy rains and strong winds from a nor'easter swept across Fairfield County on Sunday evening.
As of 11 p.m. Sunday, the following outages were reported by Eversource and United Illuminating:
- Bethel: 5 customers
- Bridgeport: 36 customers
- Danbury: 40 customers
- Darien: 5 customers
- Easton: 93 customers
- Fairfield: 632 customers, down from 1,674 customers at 9 p.m.
- Greenwich: 526 customers
- Monroe: 23 customers, down from 115 customers at 9 p.m.
- New Canaan: 673 customers
- New Fairfield: 488 customers, down from 749 customers
- Newtown: 631 customers
- Norwalk: 4 customers
- Ridgefield: 59 customers
- Redding: 1 customer
- Shelton: 36 customers, down from 131 customers at 9 p.m.
- Sherman: 6 customers
- Stamford: 37 customers
- Stratford: 117 customers
- Trumbull: 827 customers, up from 748 customers at 9 p.m.
- Weston: 17 customers
- Westport: 32 customers
- Wilton: 548 customers, up from 94 customers at 9 p.m.
Heavy rain, falling at a rate of up to 1 inch per hour, was expected overnight, with winds of 25 to 35 mph and gusts of 40 to 50 mph.
Downed trees and power lines were expected from the strong nor'easter, along with coastal flooding.
As of 11 p.m., across the whole state, Eversource reported 34,796 customers without power, UI reported 3,425 without power.
It was not clear when all the outages would be restored.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.