BRIDGEPORT, Conn. – All Bridgeport public library branches and senior centers, as well as the Greater Bridgeport Transit Terminal, will be open during the day as warming centers after the city's cold weather protocol was activated Tuesday.
Mayor Joe Ganim and the Office of Emergency Management and Homeland Security activated the protocol. Anyone in need of shelter during the frigid temperatures expected to impact the region, can utilize the facilities listed below.
Greater Bridgeport Transit Bus Terminal: 710 Water St, Bridgeport (8 a.m. to 8 p.m.)
Bridgeport Public Library Locations and Branch Hours:
- Main Branch – 925 Broad St., (203) 576-7400; (10 a.m. to 6 p.m.)
- Black Rock Branch – 2705 Fairfield Ave., (203) 576-7025; (12 p.m. to 8 p.m.)
- Newfield Branch – 1230 Stratford Ave., (203) 576-7828; (10 a.m. to 6 p.m.)
- North Branch – 3455 Madison Ave., (203) 576-7003; (12 p.m. to 8 p.m.)
- Old Mill Green Branch – 1677 East Main St., (203) 576-7634; (12 p.m. to 8 p.m.)
Senior Centers (Open only weekdays):
- East Side Senior Center- 1057 East Main St. (9 a.m. to 3 p.m.)
- Black Rock Senior Center- 2676 Fairfield Ave. (9 a.m. to 3 p.m.)
- Ella Jackson Senior Center - 52 George Pipkin Way (9 a.m. to 3 p.m.)
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.